We have been working on our basement and everything came out of the basement and I was digging through, I found a scrapbook from several years ago.
I grew up traveling, camping for the most part. The first time we stayed in a hotel was in Las Vegas when I was a teenager. The only reason we got to was my sister got sick at the Grand Canyon and camping wasn’t going to work very well. I remember how excited we were. Anyway, the love of traveling has grown and I can’t wait to show the kids the world…although I will have to think about the camping part.
After high school I dropped out of college the week before it started and decided to go to travel school instead. I went and became a travel agent, a job I loved…it supported my habit. I worked there up until Braeden was born…actually used it to pay for college to become a teacher. After becoming a teacher, I still kept the travel agent job as outside sales….until they started getting pickier about who could get discounts and how many hours you had to work, etc.
Anyway…here are some pics of our travels before kiddos!
Skiing or should I say FALLING in the Alps….btw, skiing is scary when the information on which lift goes where is in another language…you don’t know where its going to take you!
Wish I had a better camera back then!
New Zealand….where sheep outnumber people 10-1.
Bungee in New Zealand….okay I was too chicken, but Ed did it, I watched….very scary!
Great Barrier Reef….so pretty, I would love to go back there someday. I even got my courage up to snorkel…I almost drown as a child, so that was a big one for me.
Ed scuba diving at Great Barrier Reef
Oh we have this one hanging and EVERYONE tells Ed they LOVE the mustache, lol!!!! Oh yeah…this is in Maui!
This is one of the few black sand beaches on Maui, we found it on the crazy drive to Hana, which made me VERY carsick….loops curves, bridges, and we got mangoed by some local kids, no dents, thank goodness, but scared the crap out of us.
Toga Party, Sandals Dunn’s River, Jamaica, out wonderful honeymoon!
Aruba…our last hurrah before kids, I got pg with Braeden a few weeks later.

10 comments:
first off, I didn't know that you quit school to be a travel agent - but cool that you got to travel so much! I am one of the least traveled people ever I think. My parents didn't travel much when we were kids...in fact I think I went across the Mac. Bridge before my dad ever did thanks to camping with friends of mine.
fun photos! You look so young in them - but generally still the same. Ed's changed a lot tho! (Don't tell him I said that!) haha!
Oh do I miss travelling! I've had the bug since I was a kid. Our last big trip was to Namibia and South Africa while I was pregnant with our first. These days we make do with camping in our travel trailer. I can't wait until we can go somewhere more exotic than visiting family in Europe though.
Oh Brooke!
You all make SUCH a gorgeous couple! LOVE all your travel adventures, too.
What a fun, fun Way Back When-esday! Thanks for playing along!
(Happy Valentine's Day, too!)
Now I want to be a travel agent!! I want to travel!!! Great pictures and how fun to have gone to all those great places! What super memories!
Wow. You've had some amazing adventures.
So cool! You were just about everywhere! I love the pics, you are just freaking amazingly gorgeous. Ed sure is a lucky man!
Yay for New Zealand!
I'm so looking forward to getting back into travel with the kids are older. I'm just about to book a holiday to Samoa. Pacific Islands are now our limit!!
I love these pictures.
I just caught the travel bug a few years ago, and this year our big trip is to Maui!!!
Can't wait.
We are on a budget so we will be staying in the less posh Kihei but so what?
and I think we are taking the Hana drive!!
Uh oh.
Oh I miss traveling. I am sure you do too. So what about visiting South Africa?
Brooke, you are SO pretty! You all did a ton of traveling...I'm so jealous right now! :) I love all the pictures!
Post a Comment