It started out a bit cold and wet, but we made it. We were pretty covered in mud by the end of the walk, but the good news was about 3/4 of the way it did get a bit warmer….maybe 60 degrees. Braeden walked all 6 miles like a trooper, not one complaint and having a great time.
The little ones babble and sang as we strolled along. Liam decided to sing a few Christmas songs for us, was a bit interesting maybe he was a bit confused by our Michigan weather, a few days ago we were in shorts and t-shirts and today the winter coats were back out.
When we got back to the pavilion the kids had a great time dancing and hanging out with their cousins. Then the sun came out all bright and sunny and the kids were all able to go play on the playground which I think made their day.
Thanks to everyone who made donations, it was a great day with everyone there walking for babies.
A few pics….
My dad, me, Ed, Braeden, my mom with Brenna and Liam up front…oh yeah and Braeden’s religious education (CCD) teacher off to the right side, we didn’t know she was walking on my cousin’s team too, turns out my cousin is her son’s teacher.
Braeden crossing a bridge, we played a game where you got points for spotting fire hydrants, bridges, fire trucks, pushing the stroller up the hill, and picking up litter. His total score at the end of the walk 2,224 points. What does this mean? It means we kept him busy enough that he had fun and didn’t realize he might have been tired or how or even ask “how much further?”
About 1/2 mile from the finish, they fell asleep. A nice 20 minute power nap.
Liam and Brenna dancing with Daddy
Brenna dancing with Kati and Jillian
Liam dancing with some older women!
Oh yeah, had to add a few others from the week…
I found my old Lite Brite and Braeden and I played with it this week.
Brenna is a bit obsessed with going “pee pee in the potty”” she wants to sit on it ALL the time, so far we had one successful day, but then back to square one the following day. I’m sure we will get it eventually, I was planning on waiting until closer to summer, but she keeps initiating it.
And this week we went to Dora Live, the kids were a bit under the weather, but still loved it. Liam was just in a daze and loving it, Brenna was a bit more animated and was jumping up and down. It was a cute show and they are still talking about it.


4 comments:
great idea on the game to keep Braeden going during the walk! Will have to remember that one!
Glad you guys were able to tough it out. I didn't want to risk it since Sarah and I had been sick all week...and a good thing too - now I'm home with two sick BOYS! UGH!!!
Oh Brooke, that picture of your cuties in the stroller all a'doze is so adorable!! LOVE it!
(and sister, how pretty are you? LOVE that picture of you all!)
What great family time!
Gosh, you look stunning! Love the dancing and I bet after that power nap there was no more sleeping for the day.
Post a Comment