? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, May 4, 2009

Hooray for a girls weekend!

I am feeling very refreshed after a weekend away!  My friend Jill and I took a road trip too Toronto.  It is about a 4.5 hour drive and actually went by very quickly.  We actually came to a still on the highway and got off and just took strange backroads to find our way back to the highway.  It felt nice to be so carefree and not to have to worry about the kids crying in the back of the car….we knew we would get there eventually.

We made it to Toronto early afternoon and hit a few tourist spots had dinner and headed out to see a movie (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) and had a great time.

The following day we headed out on a double decker bus tour and hit some more tourist spots and did a little shopping and then back to our hotel to meet up with some friends from Toronto (Kate, Jackie, Wendy, Patti, Liz).  We went to dinner which was nice and walked from the restaurant back to the hotel (about two miles) stopping for drinks along the way.  We came back and had drinks and chatted the night away at the hotel and then slept in until…….8:30 the next day and met up for breakfast before heading our separate ways.

On the way home we hit a few Canadian stores we heard about and picked up some treats for the kids that we can’t get in the U.S. and made it home before bedtime.

I missed my kids, but would do it again in a heartbeat…thinking of making it an annual trip!  It was so funny to come back to the kids, even after just 2 days away, they seemed bigger, older, and I swear had learned a few new things.  Opening the fridge….oh no, time for another lock!

Here are a few pics of the trip!

 

 

castle

IMG_8052

IMG_8030

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot you were going! I was just thinking I hadn't emailed/talked to you in a while...so out of touch while we were all sick here!

Glad you had fun!

That castle was about the ONLY thing we saw on our doomed trip to Toronto! LOL!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a blast! We had a night away from the kiddos this weekend, too, and I was SOOOO excited to come home. Silly.

Lisa said...

Oh, what fun!
I'm now officially jealous:)

Laura said...

Girl time is like therapy. I always feel like I can conquer the world when I come back from a girlfriend excursion.
Great pics!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh Brooke, it looks like it was SUCH fun! Think an annual one is DEFINITELY in order...think of the happy annual reunions when you get home! ;)

Great photos, too!

cat said...

What a great trip! I wish I could get a friend motivated to leave her kids at home and go away.