It has been a great year for Braeden. He has done really well in kindergarten. Only one visit to the principal, with a few other kids to sort something out which wasn’t anything he was involved in and about a half dozen notes the whole year. Some may think….geez ONLY several notes! But hey, we are happy with that, they all seemed to just be a reminder that he does have to listen, not talk too much, keep his hands to himself, etc.
He continues to love school and all I have to do is threaten him that if he doesn’t get ready on time he will miss school and he is booking to get ready. I hope it doesn’t change anytime soon. He has really learned to help others and share so much better this year, which carries over at home too. (thank goodness) I love this age and the goofy sense of humor, which he definitely has.
Here are a few pics of my big boy over the past few days and a few of him and the kiddos at graduation tonight.
Being a great big brother and playing with Liam.
Graduation cookies we (I) made…okay he opened all the wrappers of the Starburst and Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. He tried to the do the rest, but it was a bit trickier than the video we watched that showed how to make them. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-make-edible-graduation-caps-for-party-favors-6837/view/
For those of you who might want to try this….our trick to making it easier was to microwave the Starburst 8 seconds before rolling and cutting the tassle with small scissors instead of a knife. Either way, we were signed up for 2 dozen of these buggers and it took a LONG time to finish!
The graduation was in the gym, it was packed, standing room only 120 kg kids, I barely could see Braeden half the time. We couldn’t sit together, so I had Brenna and she cried for Liam half the time….so sweet, but frustrating when I think the gym was like 90 degrees and very sticky.
Crowded gym.

The diva sitting on my lap missing her brother.

Braeden and cousin Matthew after graduation, they were in the same class this year.
After Liam saw me taking Braeden and Matthew’s picture he ran over to get his taken too. Brenna was mad that I put her down to take Matthew and Braeden’s pic.
Braeden and Mommy after getting out of the hot gym! Last night he was telling me that he would miss his friends after graduation, he thought he was done. I guess most schools you don’t come back after you graduate. He was happy to hear he still has 2 weeks left. I’m not sure what I will do next year when he is in school all day.

3 comments:
Congratulations Braeden!! Thanks for sharing your photos, so cute!! That little girl is SO funny I tell ya.
Great pics and those graduation hats are adorable.
Congratulations! Hard to believe he has gotten so big. Great job on the little hats!!
Post a Comment