? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 29, 2009

Why yes, that was our basement in water

I thought I blogged with pics of the newly renovated basement, but I have looked and don’t see them anywhere.  Anyway, our basement was unfinished and Ed has been working since the end of last summer finishing it…walls, insulation, sealing cracks, painting, etc, etc.  It still is not totally finished, but we had taken a break to do some outdoor projects.

BEFORE RENOVATION 

And AFTER RENOVATION

And NOW…..

IMG_8969

IMG_8970

Thank goodness for our shelves, most of the toys and supplies were up there.  All in all we will lose about an inch of drywall to play it safe.  It is greenboard, but we just don’t want to chance the mold.  We will get rid of the couch for the same reason, but the flooring and carpet looks good right now.  Several favorite books that were left on the floor are goners too….guess that will teach us to put the books back on the bookshelf, although I’m sure the culprits don’t understand that right now.

DAY AT THE ZOO

On a brighter note, I was going to post our pics from the zoo a few days ago but have been busy cleaning up the mess.  We had a fun day at the zoo last weekend.  The zoo had a new Australian bird exhibit that we almost missed, so glad we didn’t.  The kids loved it there.  Here are a few pics….

 

6 comments:

Annmarie said...

SOOOO, So jealous of your finished basement.

someday...............umgh!

Unknown said...

so....I see the flooring is all tore out...yet it was spared? did you have to take it all out and going to put it back down??? I'm confused...glad the damage appears to be minimal though!

The birds look beautiful!

cat said...

Gosh, what happened to the basement? The zoo looks great and just got to love that last very adorable picture.

Brooke said...

The water was underneath the flooring, took it all out to shopvac it and put the dehumidifier down there for several days.

Cheryl Lage said...

SOOOO sorry about the basement flood. :( We dare not finish...ours is always, always wet.

Hope yours gets all squared away.

And the pictures with the birds are SOOO sweet! Love your cuties. :)

Carry said...

Ugh..I remember the shop vac post but forgot your basement was finished. It figures, you finally get something done and then WHAM..back to square one.
The kids look so big at the zoo and love the outfits too!