Last Sunday my mom and I went and picked blueberries, we picked 26 pounds between the two of us. The next day we took the kids (we knew they wouldn’t last while we where doing the “serious” picking).
Liam loved eating them as he was picking, Braeden thought it was a competition, and Brenna didn’t want anything to do with it after she got her hands dirty.
We have gotten our share of blueberries this past week, blueberry crisp, blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, and just plain old blueberries. I’m sure you moms can imagine the diapers this week….ick!
When we were little, my sis and I used to pick raspberries for a lady down the road and she paid us to do it. I think we got the good end of the deal, we MUST have ate more than we picked AND got money too!

4 comments:
How fun!! Your children are so adorable Brooke.
We haven't had the chance to get there yet, but Paul's mom often gives us plenty from her bushes.
My grandparents had a blueberry farm, and to this day I still look forward to picking season. :) My mom is coming over this weekend and told me I could go do whatever I want while she watches the kids...maybe I'll go pick some blueberries! :)
Yum!
Quentin has really loved the blueberries this year, mostly because my Mom always has some at her house (in the fridge, no garden)and he eats a ton when he is there. She also taught him why blueberries are so good for you - he tells everyone now that "blueberries have antioxidants!" He says it perfectly and always get the biggest laughs, so he says it to everyone now!
Post a Comment