? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crim and Thomas

Another busy weekend, actually with football season coming up they aren’t looking any less busy either.

On Saturday Ed and I started out with our 10 mile race, we left the kids home with my mil and they did very good (thank goodness!)  The weather was awesome and we both had a nice run.  I didn’t even feel like I was going to die at the end.  I had one little mishap at the 8 mile mark where I fell on my own two feet…you should have heard the people….ohhhhhhh when they saw me crash and burn.  I even got some applause when I got back up….I have some scrapes on my hands and knees and a big bruise on my hip, BUT I still broke my own personal record.

Ed went home and picked up the kids and got them down there with a few minutes to spare before his race.  He runs the 1 mile, he has been doing this since he was 2.  He had a personal record too, he ran it in 10:04. I remember the first year he fell in a mud puddle, the poor kid and he finished in about 19 minutes.

Then about an hour before Liam and Brenna’s race.  We were able to go hang out with family and friends and then hear on down for their run.  I think they do 1/4 mile, they don’t time it, its all in fun.  Brenna took off, but then Liam passed her when some little girl accidentally cut her off.  I stopped to take some pictures and Liam wanted to hold my hand so I slowed him down…in the end Brenna passed us. They were even happier to get their popsicles at the end of the race.

On Sunday we did Day out with Thomas, note to self….don’t plan Thomas the day after the 10 mile race.  Ed and I were pretty sore and moving pretty slowly.  It was a rainy day even though all the weather reports showed no rain at all. Even the rain couldn’t keep us away from Thomas.  The kids had fun hanging out in their raincoats and riding on Thomas.  Actually Liam says we rode on Annie.

braedenwave

liamandbrenna

tripped Look….she tripped her!

waving Eating popsicles

  • dancing Brenna’s victory dance

IMG_1717

5 comments:

Heather said...

That's a great weekend! I love that they race too.

Unknown said...

I wondered how you did at Crossroads! We ended up at hte fair but later in the afternoon that day and didn't get wet thankfully. The kids got to see Thomas one last time while he circled the loop out by the fairgrounds. :-)

Laura said...

Not feeling like you are going to die afterward is a MAJOR victory!
Great pictures of the short legged people running. So cute.

cat said...

That last picture with Thomas is one for the wall! Beautiful.

Kristin said...

I just can't wait to sqeeze them in a month and a week!!

Too freaking adorable Brookie!