? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy weekend

Still working on the rest of the Traverse City pictures.  On Friday we went to the train crossing and watch Thomas arrive.  The kids loved it, especially Liam who talked about it the rest of the day.  Afterwards we went to our favorite ice cream store for some yummy ice cream.  Next week we will take a ride on Thomas (or I guess be pulled by Thomas), Liam can’t wait.

On Saturday, we were going to take them to the Blueberry Parade.  Ed’s plans changed when he needed to attend a funeral, but my mother headed over there with me.  We have had some really hot days, this was the hottest I remember and at 1:00 it was a scorcher.  The kids still enjoyed the parade and took a nice nap when we came home.

IMG_1379 The kids waiting for Thomas to arrive.

IMG_1387                                           Our friend Thomas

IMG_1402 Blueberry Festival Parade, the theme was Under the Sea. We really liked this float.

IMG_1388

Brenna enjoying her ring pop at the parade.

IMG_1404 Braeden and Brenna trying to beat the head under an umbrella.

IMG_1413

Liam, just because it’s a Blueberry Parade doesn’t mean you need a blue goatee!

IMG_1419                       Can you see the sweat on his head, it was really hot.  Taking a break with the a/c on.  Doesn’t he look like a big kid with Braeden’s ipod ear things.  (drawing a blank on what those things are called….earphones???)

IMG_1421                         Braeden and Nana touching it out for the rest of the parade, the little ones were taking cover in the van.  I applied sunblock several times and they were all pink.  I discovered later it must have been the heat making them pink because the pink went away after they napped.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a fun weekend to me! And YAY for Nana being there to help.

Unknown said...

your kiddos looked as hot as mine did the day we went to Crossroads. Glad you were at teh van to get some AC relief.

My kids turn bright red when they get hot (as do I...) even if not in the sun.

JennyMac said...

How adorable. Your kiddos could NOT be any cuter.

Kristin said...

I am so behind on your blog but I have great news!!!
It's Autumn, YIPPEEE!!

Glad you had A.C.
Glad you had mom
Glad you had fun!