? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Evacuations and Toddlers are not a good combination

I was running downtown (about 20 minutes from home) when I got a call from Ed that 911 called and said there was a mandatory evacuation.  There was a chemical fire about a mile away. 

Of course, I had the van with all the car seats…so sweaty old me had to race home and his job was to get everything ready.  (I probably should have given him a more detailed list..no offense, but guys just don’t think of the same things was we do)  More clothes, a ton of diapers, breakfast, etc.  I do give him credit though, he did remember the chocolate!

Since my family and dh’s family were all being evacuated too our options were limited at 8:00pm, we didn’t want to call friends with kids and disrupt their household.  I talked to my aunt and she said we could stay there, so as we were heading there I received a call from my cousin (her daughter) and said to come there.  That was a smarter move, she has a huge house and finished basement with extra bedrooms and a bathroom down there.

It was nice to see my cousin who I hadn't seen in a few months and Braeden was having a ball playing with Madelyn who is a year older than him.  The great thing about a 6 year old is that they are adaptable and this was just an adventure for him. 

Liam and Brenna who normally go to sleep about 7:30 were up until almost midnight, they were so overtired they could not settle down.  They woke a normal time this morning and were soooo grumpy.

I was “that” mom at Walmart this morning buying diapers with two screaming kids.  I just smiled and kept walking as everyone watched, lol!  I did get a few sympathetic looks.  Got the diapers and bought some clothes so the kids didn't have to run around in their pjs all day and then headed to a playground that we had been meaning to go to for awhile...played until they were tired and then headed up to the old fashioned A&W where you order from your car and the waitress brings the food to your car.

While we were getting food in their bellies, I decided that we were just going to have to do a driving nap, Brenna was beside herself.  She was just so tired she was growling and kicking, she sounded like she needed an exorcist.  As I was driving I got a call that we were good to go home!  Woo-hoo!  There's no place like home!

Here is a link to a few of the explosions….scary stuff, hope everyone is okay!

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/video?id=6949203

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to email you to see if you had to leave...knew you were right on the cut off line! What a mess. Glad you had somewhere to go for the night - I wondered knowing all your family is right there, too! Glad you survived despite the last minute dash.

Are you headed to TC this weekend or next?

Lisa said...

Oh my! So glad that all of you were okay, it looked terrible!
Good for you for leaving when they told you to evacuate. 1 - so that you were all safe. And 2 - so that the rescue workers were safe too. It always angers me when people are told to evacuate and they choose not to. If the danger actually gets to the point that they would need to be rescued, then there are even more lives put at risk when the emergency workers have to go in to try to get the families out. Its just smart to follow the precautions when you can. (I'll step off my soapbox now :)