Well, the day finally came and Braeden was very excited to go to school. Of course we are I think one of the only districts in Michigan to return back to school before Labor Day, but this is our last year on this schedule.
Braeden was excited to ride the bus and I wasn’t too nervous. He is the last one on the bus before they get to school which is about 3 minutes from our house. I of course being the anxious mommy followed the bus and saw that he made it into his teacher’s hands.
The whole staff was out to greet the kindergartners and had pom-poms and they had music blaring, etc. The first thing he noticed was his “girlfriend” Sloan wasn’t there. I looked over the teachers shoulders and saw that her name was not on the list along with a few other friends that we were hoping would be in their room who had requested to be in the morning session. His cousin Matthew is in his class with him.
The look on Braeden’s face was so sad. He had been talking about playing with Sloan all morning before he got on the bus. There is hope though, we did see her mom at the Open House and she is still trying to get it changed. His other friend will probably be in his Religious Education class at church, so I am hoping to get him more into so other kids other than his cousin Matthew. Right now the world revolves around Matthew and I can see them getting into trouble together. I talked to the teacher and asked her to encourage them to play with other people. We shall see!
Anyway, here are a few pics from the first day

8 comments:
What great pictures! I bet he was sooooo excited about riding the bus! Oh wow... that first day of school was always so hard for me in elementary school!! Even when the girls were in 3rd and 4th grade I'd still cry about them leaving the house and then we'd get to the bus stop and I'd get sad all over again about the kindergardeners there!! *lol.
Braeden look so happy to be going to school. He look so proud with his backpack on :). Our schools started back last week, it seems so early to me but I guess it's back to school time now. I'm looking forward to the first day of school, although I'm sure it's a very bittersweet day.
Congrats! What an exciting day for Braeden and Mommy and Daddy!
How exciting! Congrats to you both for surviving the first day!! Did the other two run around the house all morning looking for him?
Aww look at your excited little pupil! Sorry about the absence of Sloan in the class, but with that winning smile, he's going to have LOTS of girlfriends!
Love the picture of the two of you too! :)
Aw Brooke, that must have been tough for you and for Braeden not having his friend there! :(
Thats a great pic of the 2 of you!!!!!
I love your blog so I nominated you for an award! Check it out! http://tatertotmarch.blogspot.com/2008/08/id-like-to-thank-my-twins-for-all-my.html
Look at you hot mama.
Congrats on a successful first day. I would have followed the bus to school too and then waited outside the gates all day just to make sure that he was there safe and sound all day LOL.
Post a Comment