
photo taken from….. http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=PrincessHalfMarathonDetailPage&pid=pip-0-3
Too lazy to see if there is a proper way to give credit to a photo I didn’t take on a blog.
I mentioned a while back that my mother and I are going to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. It is 56 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes, and 14 seconds away. I am a bit (okay more than a bit) nervous about this, I have never run this far before.
I am not really nervous that I can’t do it. It’s a matter of not getting kicked out of it. There is a time requirement you have to make…16 minute miles. I did a 10 mile last fall and had a 12:20 pace, so we should be fine. But, there is fun entertainment and the photo stops, the characters are on the sidelines for photos, etc. So if we want to play we need to watch our time.
We finally have our resort booked, trying something new, Port Orleans Riverside. Mainly because it’s the cheapest room we can get that has a hot tub at the resort so we can go soak ourselves after the race, and there is boat transportation from the hotel to Downtown Disney, a girl has to shop on a girl’s weekend.
We signed up for the Disney Give a Day Get a Day promo and we are volunteering this weekend. Love the promotion, great idea….just wish they would let you park hop with it. It is a one day, one park and because we are there for such a short time we really don’t want to spend $75 for a second day when we would only get a half day in the parks.
Sooo…..my big decision is, if you had to pick one park, for two adults (no kiddos) which park would you choose? If it makes any difference I will add that Epcot is having the International Flower show….photo below.
We do get to run through Magic Kingdom, the castle, etc. I just feel like a trip to Disneyworld isn’t complete without a visit to the Magic Kingdom, but I can only count an handful of things I really would do there without the kids, probably only doing Small World In Fantasyland and skipping Toontown altogether. Something about the magical feeling with the castle, Main Street, etc.
I have just told my mother to pick, I was just there in Nov, but she wants me to pick, ugh!

Another photo I didn’t take, found it here with tons of other cool photos.
So, anyone want to help me make a decision? Also, we are going to do a pasta dinner the night before the race, would you do it with the Princesses or Mickey and the gang?

1 comments:
I'm obviously no help on where to go on your one day...BUT I vote you do your dinner with the Princesses. I mean, you ARE there doing the Princess 1/2 marathon! :-)
Post a Comment