? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prayers please

Today I called my mom at work, we talk to each other a minimum of about 2-3 times a day and her bosses wife answers the phone and says she shouldn’t say anything but my dad had to take her to the hospital.

So I call my dad, call the hospital, no answers, I am freaking out a bit.  Finally I get in touch with a patient advocate and they find them and have them call me back….of course I had to worry a few hours waiting.

In the meantime, I passed time talking with my sil talking, she tells me our other sil has a growth on her brain (which we knew…newly discovered a few weeks ago) anyway, the growth has doubled since then, so they are sending her to Ann Arbor.

While I was talking to her my mother called me and said she was okay and feeling better, she got some sharp pains and then started vomiting.  She did this in Alaska but she thought it was food poisoning.  She hasn’t felt good for a while and has openly said something has been going on and I have been nagging her to get it taken care of.  She wanted to put it off until after her half marathon she is running in October.  She is training a group of runners for this race.

Anyway, she was waiting to get an MRI.

My dad called later saying the MRI or catscan looking good and it sounded like she would be heading home soon, so I was a bit relieved.

Then around 5, my mom calls crying and it turns out she has a bowel obstuction and will be in the hospital a few days.  They were trying to (ignore my non-doctor language) vacuum the food out but nothing seemed to be coming out.  My dad popped over our house later and said they think it might be scar tissue from her gastric bypass (in 2002).  If they don’t get the blockage resolved soon she will have to have surgery and I guess anytime they mess with the bowels it could be bad.

Anyway, please, please, please keep her in your prayers along with my sister in law Tracie.  I am a nervous wreck!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no! I just saw your email a few minutes ago with the first part of this story...I guess its good to know they have figured out what the issue seems to be but so sorry to hear the 'issue' is not a good one or an easy fix. I will definitely keep both your mom and SIL in my prayers...keep me posted and let me know if you need anything.

jennbecc said...

Gosh Brooke! I'll for sure keep you, your Mom, and your SIL in my thoughts for health and peace.

Joanna said...

I'll be praying for your mom Brooke. And for your SIL. How scary. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

So sorry, you definitely have my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Mom and Sister in Law.

Tabatha said...

Praying for your mom and sil,,,hoping all will be well...Many hugs to you, I know your stressed and I would be too.

Laura said...

Prayers for you and your family.
(Just took a minute and said one.)

Tracy said...

Prayers coming your way for your mom and SIL. I hope things turn around for both of them.

Cynthia said...

Praying Brooke!!!