? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Okay, so we are a bit disappointed

that our candidates didn’t win (see previous post), I would have thought Mickey would have taken Florida and Elmo thought that his Sesame Place pals would help him take Pennsylvania.

It was fun watching Braeden look at the maps online last night as they were declared red and blue.  He was sooo excited, seriously bouncing off the walls, my friend Kristin was on the phone, she can vouch for how excited he was.

This morning when I told him the winner all he wanted to know was when he could make new “rules” and asked if he was going to change the car seat rule.

Okay….on to something new, I have a HUGE problem, my name is Brooke and I’m a bookaholic.

A few weeks ago Braeden’s teacher assigned them the job of counting the books in their bedroom.  I’m sure she didn’t expected over 900 books in his room, but sure enough there were 928 or was it 938 books in there?  Has he read them all, nope, not yet, but we are working on it.

So I was cleaning the babies toyroom and realize they had quite a few in their collection too.  I really do have a book addiction!  I guess it comes from my love of reading and teaching reading.  I just got my MA in literacy this past spring.  One day I hope to get back to teaching reading, or perhaps opening my own reading center.

Anyway, here is a pic of our “littlest library” of 149 board books.  Brenna’s favorite book right now is Mr Brown can Moo, Can you? and Liam’s favorite is a toss up between Five Little Monkey’s and The Eensie Weensie Spider.  So are there any favorite children’s books of yours or your kids? 

My favorite was Flicka, Dicka, and Ricka books, I think they were triplets, maybe they were Dick and Jane’s cousins, lol!  I don’t remember much about them other than I liked them.

51V7NRZJZ0L__SL500_BO2,204,203,200_AA219_PIsitb-sticker-dp-arrow,TopRight,-24,-23_SH20_OU01_

 

IMG_3188

IMG_3190

IMG_3193

kiss the duckyA kiss for ducky!

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

"Disappointed" here too.

Holy Moly books!! I wonder if the kids will grow up to love books as much as you do. I'm trying to make it seem like I like books with the kids. I stink at it though. Luckily Dusty loves to read, so at least they have a role model in the home..=)

Cheryl Lage said...

Like you, my chosen candidate did not win...but truly, there is so much that does please me about the "loss" that in ways, it almost doesn't feel like one.

LOVE all the bookie picks! :)

How blessed indeed we all are!

Unknown said...

I could give you a serious run for your money in the books dept. Bookaholic is a true disease I think..haha! Honestly...between books in the kids' room, books in the play room, books I have stashed in the den...oh...and the boxes and shelves of books in my classroom...I'm sure its well over 900...not sure I'd even want to try to count.

My two LOVE to read and that makes my heart sing! I hope it continues for years to come. Honestly, they would love to pick up a book and read it with us almost as much, if not more, than playing with their toys. I love it!!!

Laura said...

OH MY!!!!!
I love that you have all of these books.
I love that your kids are going to love reading forever because of your "addiction."
Great pictures.

cat said...

Your kids are very lucky indeed. I also love nooks but our choices are limited - for instance The Boys got 3 of the same book and 2 of another for their birthday. Luckily I could exchange them all.

Jennifer said...

wow! I thought we had a lot of books! But HOLY COW!!!
We have a program in our state sponsered by Dolly Parton and the boys each get a free book every month from birth to kindergarten! Its awesome! Its good books too! Well known authors!

We were disappointed too!!

jennbecc said...

Wow Brooke! I thought we had a lot but nothing compared to you. Thanks for all the tips in the other post as well!