? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Day

During the day I headed up to Braeden’s school where they had some Halloween festivities.  The teacher requested harvest attire – only farmers or things on the farm.  Braeden was disappointed we thought we should be a farming knight, but decided not to push the teachers buttons, there were a few kids who weren’t in Harvest attire, but most of the kids were.  Before the activities the kids headed to gym…..what was your favorite thing to do in gym, if you were like me….the parachute was the best.  Looking what they did….I wanted to ask if I could play too!

IMG_3283

IMG_3309

IMG_3292

Oh yeah….gym lighting, not so good, I tried to experiment and ended up in automatic which I think was best, any tips there would be appreciated, I’m sure we will have many years of concerts, plays, etc in the gym.  After gym was over there were activities in the classroom.

IMG_3363

IMG_3379

So….onto Halloween night we headed up to a local church for a Trunk or Treat.  It was a balmy 60 degrees which is nothing short of a miracle in Michigan at this time of the year.  Last year it was cold and rainy and the year before it was just freezing…winter coats, mittens, and a bit of flurries!  This was nice, we didn’t even need coats. 

A few pics before we left…..

IMG_3392

That’s as good as it gets with all three! Not an easy task these days.  We will be skipping the family Christmas photo this year!

braedenknight

Braeden's action shot....he loves these ones!

IMG_3396

Not a good pic, but he doesn't stay still, this is probably the best I have!

brennalook

Our little princess on the run!

IMG_3453

At Trunk or Treat, our buddies Sarah and Jacob...I cut off mommy and daddy's heads, but they belong to my friend Barb at A Tale of Two Twinkies.

IMG_3455

I love this pic....they are SOOOO teething right now, the bags under my eyes prove it!

IMG_3456

IMG_3465

IMG_3493

A few of out favorite trunks!

IMG_3487

The babies (yeah, someone has recently pointed out I am going to quit calling them babies) weren't really into trick or treating, BUT when they saw the apples they were screaming APPLE, APPLE, like it was a King Size Snickers candy bars.  This kept them quite happy for a very long time which we finished up treating with Braeden.

braedenhayride

Last thing a hayride to end the night! A fun Halloween, I think this is my favorite holiday, perhaps because my birthday is the 30th and I grew up having all the Halloween fun around my birthday.  Can't wait for another one....Halloween that is....not another birthday!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad we missed the apples! Oh well...hopefully next year we can stick around longer.

Glad you all had fun!!

The Hayes Family said...

Looks like they had a blast! I totally remember having those parachutes when I was little...they are so cool!!

Joanna said...

Love Brenna's tutu - that is so sweet! Looks like you guys had a good halloween. That was a good call on the apples. I wish my two were more into them because it would have kept them busy and still for awhile. Love your little knights!

jennbecc said...

I need to try fresh apples again because like Joanna, my guys weren't really into them...they do like freeze dried apples though. I'm gonna try giving them an apple and see what they do. *L*

That's odd that the teacher said the kids had to be farmers....?? That's the best part of dressing up is getting to pick what you want to be! Braeden looked like he had fun anyway though.

I've heard of trunk or treat but have never been to one...so thanks for the pictures! I like the Mr. Potato Head pumpkins...*L* Glad you guys had a good Halloween!

Laura said...

I think the farmer theme is cute even though I have no problem with most Halloween costumes.
The knights and ballerina steal the show.
Adorable.

Tracy said...

Happy birthday!!!

Fun pics. Bummer about the harvest costumes? What the?

It was a spectactular night for Halloween. We sat on the porch (sans Rowan, who was still napping) and handed out candy. Even got a giggle or two from Evan! I have it on video and will post in the next day or so.

Glad your gang had fun!

Kristen said...

They are so cute. How smart of you to take the pic of them in the castle too! *lol
I think that pic of Liam on the move is adorable. He looks so genuinly happy!!

Tonya Staab said...

Brenna looks absolutely beautiful and those handsome knights are precious.

So glad you had a great day.

Jocasta said...

Pictures look great!

cat said...

Oh but the Knights were charming and manly and the princess, well, a true little princess.