It's been about two weeks with no bottles. I wasn't really in any hurry to get rid of them, but I noticed Brenna was becoming quite attached to hers and I worried that waiting might make the transition harder. They really didn't seem to mind, so I suppose that means they were ready.
We are finally to a point in the sippies where they will use several different brands and don't seem to prefer any certain one. I think they drink best out of the Playtex, and they don't seem to leak or have valves fall out like the Gerber ones, so they are my favorite for now.
I hate what it does to my dark wood floors and dark leather couches, soooo messy and the milk shows really bad. On the bright side all I have to do is wipe it up or mop the floors instead of worrying about it making the carpet smell, etc. The only problem is finding time to do it. The important stuff....you know clothes, dishes, table, kitchen, bathrooms, toy room usually comes first, therefore the milk stains stay until I can't take it any longer.
Anyway, another transition successfully made. Next step.....Brenna's night time binkie. Wish me luck!


3 comments:
Congrats! We are all sippies except for bedtime. I know that's going to be tough but really need to do that soon! I'm sure we could switch it to a cup but at some point, should probably just give up that 'bottle/cup' at bedtime anyways...
good luck with the binkie! It took Sarah about 2 or 3 nights to get over hers...and she survived!
YAY for no bottles!! WTG!! I'm glad that transition went well. I wish you luck with the binkie.
Great job! :) I need to start that transition...I've tried it before, and they were very frustrated! I'm afraid for the binkie transition. Let me know how that goes.
Post a Comment