We had a fun day at the Kid Crim. This was Liam and Brenna's first Kids Crim, actually they were there last year, but did not participate unless you count the 10 feet I ran pushing the jogger with Braeden before I realized my body was not ready for this yet after the c-section.
This year they were in the diaper dash. Brenna started but decided she would rather sit in the middle of the track until she saw Nana. Liam follow Bumpa all the way down until he saw me and then came to me.
After they were finished they received their first medal and were happy to run and play in the grass.
Before Braeden's one mile race began there was an announcement that a little 4 year old boy was lost and for everyone to look around and try to find this boy. We looked around and figured he would be found pretty fast with everyone looking for him. After like 10 minutes they finally found him, we commented on how long it took....I was thinking about what was probably going through his mother mind.
Then about 10 minute later Ed and Braeden took off for the starting line for Braeden's race, all of a sudden I hear Braeden's first and last name announce on the speaker, I freak and start running towards where the announcers are. Turns out they drew his name and he won an iPod.
Braeden ran his race in 10 minutes and 40 seconds.
His previous 1 mile times were:
In 2007 (age 4) 12:40
In 2006 (age 3) 12:56
In 2005 (age 2) 19:43....he fell in a pothole and got a bloody knee!
His new goal is to get under 10 minutes for the Crim race in the fall.
Here are some pics of the kids!






0 comments:
Post a Comment