We woke up this morning thinking we might go to one of the Memorial Day parades, but realized that by the time we loaded everyone into the van, the babies would be napping before we ever got there. Therefore we decided to just hang out at home for the day. We grilled out and my parents came over. Liam and Brenna had corn on the cob for the first time. Liam didn't really care for it but Brenna loved it.
Braeden used to love corn on the cob, but a few wigglely teeth have made it a bit difficult for him. We had a nice time playing on the deck, backyard, and a ride in the wagon in the fields. Braeden hung out on the new playscape and practiced hitting the balls when Uncle Ralph and Chris stopped by.
These are a few pics today....I have a lot of others it was hard deciding what to put here. If anyone knows how to add a slideshow here, please let me know. I have a photobucket account that I use for slideshows, it just doesn't seem to like the link I am using to enter it right here in the blog.




5 comments:
You have the most adorable twins. They are just a little younger than mine.
How do you find the wooden play equipment that you have? I ordered the exact same one from TRU yesterday, hopefully it will be delivered soon.
I'd never thought to give mine an actual corn, I normally trim the corn off for them. Great idea, I'm going to try that.
We are liking it. My older son is 5 and loves it. The babies like to play underneath it. Liam loves just hanging out with the trucks. Brenna is happier trying to eat the rocks....I really have to keep an eye on her. The swings so far have been a bust, they really don't like them. My older son just LOVED the swing, all giggles and smiles. I guess there is always next summer. We bought it at TRU too.
I had never tried the babies with corn on the cob and was a bit nervous, but I watched them really well and it was fine. I think they were using them as teethers if anything.
The play equipment looks awesome Brooke! I bet Braeden is having a ball. Cute pictures! Is the shirt that Liam is wearing, Braeden's from that age? It looks familiar =)
Can't wait for our first corn on the cob - yum! As for the slide show...if photobucket isn't working...try Slide.com (its the one that I use that runs their monthly photos on our blog - lower right side) If you click on that slide show it can even take you right to the website. I would think the HTML from photobucket should be able to be inserted - but maybe something isn't compatible...?? good luck! let me know if you have other questions.
RE: the parade...Genesee was good for the lil kids - relatively short and sweet and not crowded at all! Only prob might be the sirens/horns of the engines...they were loud and continuous...my two whimpered but didn't cry this time...they freaked on the 4th of July last year. Maybe we can try the parade in Clio here for the upcoming Fireman's festival...isn't that soon?
Cyn...yep! That is totally a Braeden shirt, good eye!
Barb..firemans homecoming is I believe the week after the 4th of July. Well thats when it always was, I'm thinking they may have changed it in recent years. If you need a good spot to sit, we always sit at Aunt Helen's old house a few houses down from St Charles and Helena.
Post a Comment