? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Poor Brenna....staph infection

A scary day here today about 3-4 days ago Brenna had some small pimples on her bottom. Every day one of them has been getting bigger and bigger until today it was about the size of a penny. I called the pedi and they told us we needed to take her to the pediatric ER. Our pediatric is ER is great, but it is also a city hospital and it is quite an interesting place to go….even during the daylight hours. There was all sorts of drama there today. Thankfully my mother was able to come with me and Ed stayed with the boys. Sure enough, it was a boil from a staph infection. They had to give her a needle to numb it, I thought that was bad, but then they cut it open. I will spare you with the details, but it wasn’t pretty. They are culturing it to make sure its not something more serious (of course paranoid mommy here is thinking…OMG MRSA!) I’m sure she is just fine. I was the paranoid mommy there too making sure everyone’s hands were washed the needles/lance-knife thingie was sterile. AND on top of the staph, she woke up this morning with pink eye!!! Niiiice! Brenna was soooo mad. Can you blame her? After it was all over we went to Target for her script and Nana got her a Minnie mouse which she played with all the way home. My poor girlie has had quite a day, I don’t even want to think about the EEG that is coming up in a few weeks. I’m sure the culture should come back fine, we have a follow up/15 month check up on Monday which we should know more.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no!!! Poor Brenna and poor mommy having to see her go through all that! Is it something they think will be passed along to Liam or Braeden? hope not! Hope its not MRSA!!!

Unknown said...

PS....she is sooo going to kill you some day for posting a pic of her hiney on the internet!!! hehehe!

Brooke said...

The chances are highly unlikely that it is MRSA, but still in the back of you mind you always thing worst case scenario.

It can be passed along if the puss from it was passed along. So along with the pink eye, there is a lot of handwashing going on around here.

On top of this Liam has been sick the past 3-4 days with high temp...for some reason the winter was kind to us, the spring hasn't been so kind.

Brooke said...

Also, I cropped the full hiney, lol!

Tonya Staab said...

Oh I'm sorry, poor Brenna. I know a number of people who have experienced both these and MRSA recently. Not nice at all. I hope that the test comes back fine and that none of the other kids get anything.

Lisa said...

How scary for you Brooke!
I hope everything turns out fine with the tests, and everyone is on the mend.
Although she does look pretty cut at the end there showing off her new anklet!