? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sleep Deprived

I'm not sure if I am referring to Ed and I or the babies. They are now 15 months old and NO they do not sleep through the night. Both of them are great at naptime and bedtime as far as falling to sleep, we can put them in their bed awake and they will either go right to sleep or fuss for less than five minutes and be out. We are lucky in that part of the "sleep" issues. But once they are down at night, thats when the troubles beging. We have tried just about everything. We have tried to let them fuss, but they will fuss all night long waking each other up. It's so frustrating not know what to do. Last night they were tag teaming us again. We set a time on how long we will wait before going to calm them down. After about thirty minutes of back patting and shushing Liam was finally asleep, then the minute I lay down in bed.....he is off again and then Brenna is up too. I can lay odds on when they will wake up and cry....usually the "first" time of the night is when I finally finish whatever I have been doing and lay down in bed. I would SWEAR there is a sensor in their beds that alerts them that I am tired and ready to finally go to sleep. The go off and on all night long until at 5am, I will finally rescue them and bring them into my bed and give them their milk while holding them.....as I close my eyes and pray they might at least fall back to sleep for at least another hour. So after another night of very little sleep I decided to take away their morning nap. Man they sure were crabby little kids. I kept them up until noon and put them down. Liam was done with his nap at 12:45. I told myself not to give in because I am laying down the blocks for what they will probably do for at least another year. So he did fall back asleep after fussing for about 10 minutes. We just went through another little fuss, I "think" he might be going back to sleep.....did I just type that, I probably shouldn't have, because you know what that means. So.....I guess we will see one nap thing helps.....I'm not sure its helping my sanity and it makes for a very long morning, but if it helps them sleep better at night maybe I will have more energy for them all morning. Go ahead and share your sleep issues or suggestions, I'm open to anything right now.

2 comments:

The Hayes Family said...

Jeez, you poor thing. I hope they start sleeping at night for you SOON!!

Kristen said...

I fell for you on the sleep deprivation!! Summer and Chase have their bad nights but for the most part CIO helped alot. I didn't do it until they were 12 months old but after a tough 5 days, it made a HUGE difference.

I've also just started not getting them up from nap when they cry but at a set time, 1:00. So if they get up before then, now they just play until I get them. That's been a fantastic change!