Okay, the dr just called and Brenna does have MRSA, and of course now I am freaking out. They acted like it isn’t a huge deal, she said the media has made a big deal about it. She has to have the right antibiotic and they say it's Bactrim. If she develops a fever I am supposed to call. We have a follow up appt on Friday.
So trying to carry on like normal, I was starting to do a 15 month update before I got this call and my heart is now racing….but going on.
The dr has determined that Brenna has eczema and said this will make her more likely to get staph infections. She did prescribe a cream for the eczema.
Liam developed a rash and she said it was a viral rash, his ear infection is cleared up not. He had a high temp for a few days and then the rash when he woke up yesterday. She did test him for strep and it came back negative. She said it should clear up on its own.
Since we have all this other stuff going on we have decided to put off the shots for a week.
So, here are their stats:
Liam Brenna
height 30.5 inches (26th percentile) height 30 inches (30th percentile)
weight 25.4 lbs (60th percentile) weight 19 lbs (3rd percentile)
Other than that they are developing well. Liam is usually such a happy little guy, but not today. He LOVES playing with anything farm.
Brenna is a bit tempermental. She loves anything with Mickey or Minnie mouse. She loves to snuggle and does have a special attachment to her binkie and blankie.
Brenna has quit falling and I really am on the fence about the EEG. I really think I should probably do it, but right now after this ordeal, she flips out just being laid on her back and just looking at the dr today put her in tears. Today she was livid when they were messing with the dressing.
Here are a few pics taken today of the babies at 15 months…..they aren’t very happy campers.
And I had to add this last picture, since its a first. The first ponytails…yes I realize there is barely any hair in their, but hey I have to get her used to it.
Oh yeah, and I have to add a thank you to Tonya for the tip on Windows live, I now have paragraphs!!!

3 comments:
oh no!!! Gosh Brooke...what's next?(curse me for saying that, I know). What a rotten mix of stuff to all come up at once. Glad at least all else looked good. Does Braeden at least stay healthy in this mix or does he catch it all right along with the twins? Hang in there...call or write if you need to vent!
Oh man Brooke! You guys are really taking a beating.
I hope things clear up quickly for Brenna and Liam and that Braeden escapes unscathed.
Oh I'm sorry that she does have MRSA. Hope it clears up quickly and nobody else in the family gets it.
Now a rash too, ugh.
So glad that the Windows Live Writer is working out :)
Post a Comment