Today we had a playdate with Josh, Jack, and Ally. I met their mothers about 7 years ago on a infertility forum. We discovered we all lived near each other. We planned to meet each other but before we met, I got pregnant. So I asked them if they still wanted to meet me. Of course they said yes, and a month later, they were both pregnant too.
Jill had twins Jack and Ally, and Cynthia had Joshua. After they were born we had monthly playdates, sometimes even more. Once they hit 4 and starting preschool it became harder to get together, so we started meeting up from time to time for dinner, movies, etc.
The ironic thing is of course I went on to have twins (via IVF) AND last December Cynthia had twins too…..naturally! So it was a hard pic to take getting all the kids together, but who would have thought when we met in winter 2002 that we would ALL be parents of muliples one day. Anyway, the kids haven’t seen each other in forever and they all came over today for a playdate.
They got along great and had a lot of fun. They were cracking me up with their 5 year old humor…..see the video!
Here is a pic from I think their first playdate
And we thought take pics of 4 babies was hard back in the day…..now there are 8.

4 comments:
How cool! Looks like the kids had a blast!
That is really neat that it happened that way! Isn't it funny how things work out. And the pic of them all together is hilarious!
WOW, that is so great. I hope they go on to be lifelong friends. Isn't it wonderful how one day you can be chatting to strangers on-line and the next you are having regular playdates with them.
I love this entry! It's amazing how things have worked out with us. Pregnant together the first time around and then now we share the "multiples" bond.
Josh had a great time. Sorry we had to rush out so quickly. I was going to help put the jumperoos back inside and it completely slipped my mind. I'm SO sorry! I hate leaving extra work for the host =(
Post a Comment