We had a busy weekend and I haven’t updated in awhile. On Saturday we attended Ed’s 20th, yes you have that right, 20th Class Reunion. I was dreading it. Okay, these days I dread anything that requires me trying on new clothes….still another 15 pounds to go to pre preggo weight.
Anyway, it was a nice night. It was at the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth. I didn’t think I would know many people, but I was surprised at the amount of people I knew because they married people I knew, or went to our church, have kids the same age as Braeden that I have met through different kids activities, etc. It was nice to catch up with some of the people we hadn’t seen in awhile and see who you recognized and who you didn’t. At my 10 year everyone looked close to the same, but 20 years really can change a person. We didn't get home until late, not in bed until about 2am, the babies had no sympathy, they were up for the day at 5:30. Since it was Father's Day, I couldn't even convince Ed to get up with them.
On Sunday we went to church then off to dinner at our little after church restaurant Culver’s. This is an easy place to take the kids, they eat their grilled cheese and love the frozen custard afterwards. They are also pretty quick to get the food to us. Usually I sit the babies down and by the time I feed them their fruit, the food is there.
Afterwards they took a nice long nap....and so did I! I can't remember the last time I took a nap...wow! We headed over to my grandparents house and visited with "great-grandma and grandpa" for a short time before we decided we better make our exit before their house was destroyed. We picked up some pizza and headed home and my parents came over.
We got Ed a new pair of running shoes, his old ones were falling apart. Now I am wishing I got him a GPS, because I really would like to use it too!
Monday night we got the family signed up for the community fitness challenge. The weather was not so great, so Ed stayed home with the babies and I went up and ran a mile in the park with Braeden.....I forgot how fast the boy runs....even though I am running 5 miles at my pace, 1 mile at his pace had me tired! They gave us all log books to keep track of our miles.
I also got the kids all signed up for the library's summer reading program. I came up with a nice way to get reading time in for everyone. Braeden is reading the babies their board books, and then at night I still read Braeden a chapter from a chapter book.....right now we are on Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. He loves Fudge. We are going a bit backwards, we have already read SuperFudge and DoubleFudge, and Fudgeamania.

1 comments:
Hi Brooke! Thanks for the support (your comments on my blog). Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend and pretty good weather to go along with it! Your kids are adorable. Glad that everything finally worked out for you and it gives me hope for my journey as well!
Post a Comment