Okay….please nobody choke me. I am sooo bad at these, so I am adding my own new rule. I will only do TWO tags per year, so that means if I do these two I am done until June 2009, right? I am new to blogging and my family reads my blog….ummmm and never makes comments, but none of them have blogs, so I can’t mess with them to send the tag on. Sooo, I only have a few people I know read this…the ones that comment, so I am tagging you.
Can someone tell me if tagging on a blog is the equivalent to those forwards where you are supposed to answer and send on to five people? Because I made up my own rule on those too. I do the first two I get a year. Gosh everyone who sends me those Paula, Jackie, Amy, Jamie, Krista, Monica, Barb…and anyone else….I'm apologizing....now you know its me that never sends them on. BUT, you will be happy to hear I do read what you write.
Sooooo.....
TAG #1
This one came from Lisa, mother of from my multiples group at Yes, My hands are full!
The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words.
His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.
Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4 .Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
Our is ONE PLUS TWO EQUALS A FAMILY, sorry that's the best I can do....not too bad, not great either.
TAG #2
This one came from my buddy Barb who also is in my multiples group at A tale ot two twinkies.
The rules:
Each player answers the questions about themselves.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago in 1998 I was halfway through my first year of teaching. I taught first grade and had a crazy experience. I came in to find out I had 30 first graders, but thankfully they put an aide in the room who turned out to be wonderful and a huge help. (Thanks Elena if you are reading this) I also met a great friend Tammy who ended up being Liam's godmother. I met many friends there who I have been lucky enough to keep in touch with almost monthly.
I remember things around the vacations we took.
For New Year's that year we went to Germany and Austria. We ended up in a huge snowstorm and were stuck in Minneapolis for 3 days, at a hotel right across the road from the Mall of America. I was scared to death they would fire me when I came back to work, thankfully schools were canceled for most of the days I missed. The down side was I was going to the Mall of America the next month with my buddies Jackie and Paula, I just got a sneak preview.
That summer we went to Alaska on a cruise which we loved. Maybe we will get back there some day.....I guess when we retire and kids are out of college. We are happy we were able to do lots of traveling before the babies, since travel is a bit harder now.
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today?
1.Take Braeden to baseball camp.
2. Clean the house, we are having a party here this weekend.
3. Play Webkinz with Braeden
4. Go to the park for the family fitness night registration
5. Ummm....finally get to these tags
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. licorice
2. pistachios
3. cashews
4. gummy bears
5. ice cream....and if you really know me well, you know just how much!
5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off our house and some improvements, finished basement
2. Get a new and improved van
3. pay for the kids' college
4. take family and friends on a big trip and of course a cool family trip every year
5. build a playground and softball diamonds at our church
Places I’ve lived:
1. Flint, MI
2. Clio, MI
Jobs I’ve had:
1. Huckleberry Junction hostess...similar to Chuck E Cheese
2. Ice Cream scooper
3. Travel Agent
4. Teacher
5. Tutor
6. MOM!
TAG! You’re it !
I am tagging.....btw if you have already did part one of this just do part 2 AND
I PROMISE IF YOU DON'T DO THIS I WON'T HATE YOU!!!! ;-) And you will never get another one of these for at least a year from me. So have some fun!
1. Lisa who tagged me first at Yes, My hands are full!
2. Cynthia at Wife to one. Mom to three
3. Tonia at A day in my life ...
4. Joanna at Kat & Brody
5. Mandy at http://thejoysofraisingboys.blogspot.com/ (who doesn't update her blog, so she will never get it....therefore one less person ready to kick my butt)

2 comments:
hehe...you're off the hook now! Just kidding...I usually only do those 'forwards' and such when I'm bored - I send very few out compared to the many i get. I have several friends who send them out all the time!
BTW...great meme!
I've outed myself....and everyone is going to be mad at me now, lol!
Post a Comment