? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another busy summer week

T-BALL

This week Braeden started t-ball, he is on the Angels this year…..the only team with a WHITE shirt….gee thanks. They play on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They really don’t practice, it is pretty much a fun league where they teach them the basics and sportsmanship during the game. They don’t announce the score at the end of a game and every inning every kid in the line up gets to bat, regardless of how many outs the team has.

101_0563He’s the one running to first base.

Vacation Bible School

On Tuesday, Vacation Bible School also started at our church. I used to be active in planning it, teaching, doing games, etc back before having children. I tried to be helpful when Braeden was younger and I just wasn’t as helpful. Now with Liam and Brenna I am on the sidelines a bit more, I feel bad i can’t be more helpful, but when they see me chasing one as the other one is running in the opposite direction in the activity center, I’m sure they understand.

101_0579A bit blurry, but this is his buddy Abby, we met them at church back when the kids were just babies and Abby and Lilly (her sister) are the nicest girls. They also have a brother Nicholas who is close in age to Liam and Brenna and expecting another little brother in September!

lovieAfter dropping Braeden off at VBS on Wed, I took the babies for a walk on the church grounds and in the park….they napped for about 45 minutes. AWWWW!!!

101_0486 VBS was beach themed this year.

101_0487

And the kids final performance…..Braeden is behind the boy on the far right with a baseball cap on.

AUNT HELEN

We’ve had a trying week, lots of crazy things have happened with the outlaws. We may be having Aunt Helen move in with us, things are kind of up in the air. It might be time to step in and take our turn.

Most of you know Aunt Helen, those of you who don’t, she is Ed’s 90 yr old aunt. His father passed away 14 years ago and this is his only sister. Ed pretty much has been like a son to her the last 20 years, they are extremely close. Amazingly enough she had been healthy enough to live on her own with our help when it came to yardwork, household chores that she wasn’t able to do on her own, dr appts, groceries, all the things she couldn’t do when they took her license away. Last year about a month after Liam and Brenna were born her health took a turn for the worse and she was no longer able to live on her own. Because the babies were so young and demanded so much time….and you know how life is with a newborn (or two) in the house, we were not in a situation where we would be able to meet her needs.

She moved next door to my bil’s house, they have been taking care of her the past year. I think they are getting a bit burned out and its time for her to get a change of scenery. Anyway, there was an incident this week the prompted a big argument with my sil (my husbands brother’s wife). I don’t want to leave the lovely details on my blog for everyone’s eyes to see, but it has been a very stressful few days.

OUR FUN PLAYDATE

On a more upbeat note, it was nice to get an invitation to my twin mommy friend Barb’s house which took us out of the house for a few hours to avoid phone calls from everyone trying to get the latest on what is happening, etc. Liam and Brenna were sleeping a bit too late and I knew that if they didn’t get up soon, Sarah and Jacob would be ready for their naps before we even made it over there.

We arrived at lunchtime and Barb made everyone lunch, I told her about what great appetites Liam and Brenna had and after about 10 minutes of eating they proceeded to throw their food all over their cream carpet….niiiiice guys, way to leave an impression, lol! After Paul Oxy-cleaned the carpet (Thank you Paul!) we took the kids out for a swim.

I really thing Brenna is going to be a child who needs a bit of extra time to warm up to social situations and a need for extra time and advance warning when transitioning to the next activity. She took a while to warm up, but after she went off on her own for a bit she was finally ready to play with the others for a bit.

They played in the pool….Liam stole a few toys, Brenna ate the sand, they drank the pool water, all the things that toddlers love to do on a summer playdate. They had a fun time and were sad to leave. I’m happy they have twin buddies that are so close that they can grow up with. I know it will be fun to watch them all grow up together.

playing in the sand table The girls playing in the sand

butgrabbing Anyone want to suggest a caption for this one….check out where Jacob’s hands are at. We are going to have to teach Liam how to defend his sister’s honor! Instead of taking action he is have a drink of some nice cold pool water….ahhhh!

101_0589 Liam thinking he needed ALL of the sand toys!

When Braeden was born, we had a playgroup of three children all about the same age and they had a lot of fun on those playdates (hoping to get them all together next week, its been a long time…will make a post if it happens), I’m glad we have some friends for the babies too. I’m sure you will see lots of pictures to come. Thanks Barb, Paul, Sarah, and Jacob….we will have to do it again soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...I hadn't noticed Liam in the back, while Jacob molested his sister. a few years from now, they'll be teaming up together to torment their sisters...haha! I can hear the girls now...MOM! Liam did....Jacob did....

maybe we'll see you again today!?

Tonya Staab said...

WOW, you have had one crazy week. I'm so sorry about Aunt Helen, hope it all works out.

I just love the photo of the bubs in the stroller napping, it's gorgeous.

Caption: I'm gonna getcha (think Finding Nemo when Marlin is chasing the 'pretty light')