? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake Night

100_9853

Every summer growing up we had a night where we had strawberry shortcake for dinner, nothing else, just strawberry shortcake.

One year several years ago I asked Ed what his favorite kind of cake was and he said “strawberry shortcake”.  Of course, I don’t think this really counts as cake, but if that’s his favorite, he can have it for his birthday. 

Yesterday we celebrated Ed’s 29th (ugh-umm) birthday and had strawberry shortcake for dinner.  Braeden doesn’t like strawberries so we improvised with a leftover peanut butter cup, but he had to eat some “real” food if he was having chocolate.  He ate pretty quickly so he could get his creation.

100_9850

The babies were curious at first.

hmmmm

The took a few small tastes.

curious great stuff

And it was a hit!

ilike it 

loveit

Of course I forgot to take pictures of the birthday boy, which I am feeling a bit silly about now.  We really need to take more time to get more pics of ourselves with the kids.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Ed! I celebrated the first of many "29th" birthdays a few weeks ago (lol)

I love the strawberry shortcake idea.

Brenna and Liam were like..whoa, whats this? too funny. It definitely looks like they enjoyed it once they dove in.

Braeden's treat looks yummy too!!

Tonya Staab said...

That looks delicious. What a fabulous night to have.

I was watching Jon & Kate the other day, it was the episode where one night they have icecream for dinner.

What great traditions, I bet the kids will really look forward to it as they get older.

Brooke said...

I have a pic of Braeden but he doesn't like it, he didn't want me to put it here.

I saw that episode, I love that show! I have missed a bunch though, need to catch up. I would like to read their book too.

Unknown said...

Jacob and Sarah LOVE strawberries...one of their absolute favorite things!

Yummm!!! I want some now! Paul just picked our first strawberries out of the garden tonight. Maybe next week we'll have enough for dessert!

I was just going to mention the ice cream via Jon and Kate, but I see Tonya beat me to it! That sounded like a fun tradition - maybe we'll do it too!

Lisa said...

okay I would like to live at your house! A house where you get to have strawberry shortcake for dinner is where I want to be!
I bet it was lots of fun!
Glad to hear that there seems to be some improvement with Brenna and Liam.

By the way - I tagged you over on my blog, check it out when you get a chance!
Lisa

Joanna said...

That sounds really good, I'd love to just eat that for dinner :). What a yummy tradition!