? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Fireman’s Homecoming Parade

Today was the Fireman’s Homecoming Parade in the town we live in and where I grew up.  I march in this parade as a kid with the brownies, church, library, theatre group, and a politician.  Maybe a few other things along the way too, I forget....and of course I think I love being on the sidelines to catch the candy the most.  It was always one of the highlights of the summer. 

We debated on whether we should go or not for a number of reasons, especially because it was after their bedtime, but ended up saying...hey what the heck, lets try it.  If they don't like it we go home.  We parked in a spot where we knew it was safe and headed up.  When we got to our parade spot my sil and bil and their kids were there which made Braeden's day.  He loves to hang out with his cousin's Matthew, Brenden, Billy, and Nicole.  Baby Melissa was there too.  We didn't think they would be there, in the past few years we have been the only ones up there.

The babies needed some friends to watch the parade with and their twin buddies Sarah and Jacob came to join them.  They all hung out climbing up and down the stairs and playing in the wagon until parade time.  I was a bit nervous with the twins both wanting to climb the steps the whole time, but once the parade began, we strapped them in to keep them safe and they were content.

I thought Liam would like it the most, at Disney he was in heaven yelling "car, car, car" at anything with wheels on it.  He sat contently watching, but looked a bit unimpressed, I guess Disney's Pixar Parade is a tough act to follow.

Brenna on the other hand, was pretty excited.  She was jumping, waving, smiling, and clapping especially when the fire truck all had their sirens on.

I'm not sure if I figured out how a video works....we will see if that doesn't work here is the link http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v23/Brookie/?action=view&current=parade1.flv

The kids all held out pretty well, Braeden came home with a bag full of candy. We got home about 9pm, the babies were still up but once we changed their diapers and put on some jammies, they were out and slept pretty well through the night.

IMG_8908Barb and twins Sarah and Jacob and me with Liam and Brenna waiting for the parade to begin.

101_0066

ontherunThe kids blowing off energy before the parade.

cat off your headLiam, Brenna, and Daddy

noises 

Brenna getting excited with the care noises, notice the grip on Liam's leg.

clap Clapping

 

brenna

And just being happy!

caaaaaa

Liam saying "caaaa caaaaa caaaaa" (car)

liamparade

I think he was having a stare down with the cop going by.

candy Braeden is pretty happy about getting lots of candy.

IMG_8964

Bumpa doing his juggling basketballs.  The funny thing was as a teenager, my dad would do this in the parade and I would be soooo embarrassed.  And here Braeden is next to me telling anyone who would listen...."that's my grandpa, that's my grandpa!"  He was with the healthy community float.  They put my mom's stairmaster on the float too......ummmm the stairmaster hasn't been seen since.  They took it back to a church and put it next to the shed and when my dad went to get it, it was gone....needless to say, my mom is pretty hot right now!poorjacob

Oh, and poor Jacob got nailed in the head by a fireman throwing candy....poor guy!

 

alldone

And the parade is over, time to go home and go to bed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good! Glad you figured it out! Oh no about the stairmaster!! Who would steal that - from a CHURCH no less! Sad state we're in these days...

Tonya Staab said...

Ugh, I'm sure I saw another blog post this morning as I've been going through my reader from somebody else who went to a Fireman's parade. I wonder if it was the same one. I'm so mad that I can't remember so I can direct you to their site.

You look fabulous, I love the pic of you and your friend with the twins.