We went in on Monday morning 10:00 am (nap time) to get the hook up done. I brought a Signing Times DVD and although she wasn’t happy about laying on her back, she was distracted for the right side of her hook up. Once we got to the left side she was a bit ticked. Nothing really helped, she was just MAD. It took about 1 hr 15 minutes, the guy doing it said it went pretty well….he has had tons worse. I was just relieved that we wouldn’t have to sedate her.
Once we were on the way home she went right to sleep. Of course once the car stopped the nap was over, which was not a good thing because she was just overtired at that point. Nothing really slowed her down.
Once we got to the afternoon nap she wouldn’t go down. We were not allowed to let her sleep unsupervised and Brenna likes her space. Normally when she gets tired she will get her blankie to let me know it’s time and she leaps into her bed because she likes it. She does not like to be held once she is ready to be alone.
So she was extremely overtired from the short morning nap, no afternoon nap, and then could not go to sleep with me holding her for the night. I tried everything, rocking, swaying, Baby Einstein, everything. Finally at 8:10 she finally gave in.
This morning was pretty normal, no morning nap, then on the way to the hospital at 11:15 she fell asleep and woke up about 10 minutes later when we had to go to the elevator. Both babies screamed for the 4 elevator rides at the hospital. It took about 45 minutes to unhook her. They said that the Dr will read the report in the next few days and should call us in the next few weeks, unless they notice something that needs to be addressed right away.
So this part is over….it feels good to be done. As much as I love my little girl, I am glad to have my arms back. My arms are feeling like jelly and my back is cramped. I have been holding her about 20 of the last 24 hours. Ed has been at the funeral home for visitation the past few days and I stayed up with her as long as I could last night. Then I wrapped my arms around her so she couldn’t move, or at least I would feel it when she did move. I’m tired, no time to sleep, as soon as the babies are up I am up to the funeral home to visit as long as the kids allow and then the funeral is tomorrow. Then maybe this weekend we can get a few hours extra sleep.

3 comments:
OMG! What a hook up! I wondered how it would all work out for you both. Glad its done and over with and hopefully you can get some sleep tonight. I'm sure she's relieved to be free of all that! Glad the day wasn't any hotter for her - I can't imagine all that was comfortable!
Wow, that was some hook-up. I remember when Flynn had to do an EEG he kept pulling everything off his head and even with 3 of us holding him we still couldn't get it to work so they had to sedate him :(.
I'm so glad that this part of it is over for you.
Wow Brooke, that must have been really hard. I can't imagine holding one for so long! I'm glad the DVD worked a little and kept her distracted. I didn't see if you had results from them yet, so I hope they come back good!
Post a Comment