On Saturday we planned a movie night for fourteen of our nieces and nephews and of course their parents. Ed brought the digital projector thingie from work to project the movie on the side of the house. We bought all of the “movie” candy that you could think of and I popped popcorn….the old fashioned way.
I will say I now know why we have microwave popcorn. As it was popping, the cover wasn’t on tight and a kernel flew out…..and landed down my shirt and
IN MY BRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got it out, but not without a boobie blister. OUCH!!!!!!!
Anyway, it decided to pour down rain and storm, so we moved the movie indoors to the living room. We set all the couches up like stadium seating and the kids had blankets on the floor. So it all sounds good, but what I didn’t count on was kids that didn’t know how to sit and watch a movie….maybe all the excitement of something new, but I was a bit irritated.
The older kids from 7-10 were the worst. I couldn’t believe they couldn’t sit down and watch a movie….esp a movie they all said they wanted to see. They were banging on the baby toys and playing inappropriately with them and broke one toy. One of them (8 yr old) decided to drive the cozy coupe into the living room as everyone was watching the movie, the 9 year old thought the popper lawnmower would be cool.
Finally, I had it, I told them that they were too old to be playing with the toys like that and to watch the movie or go play in the garage. Their parents did nothing but let them act like that.
I hope none of them read my blog, as far as I know, they don’t. One of my biggest pet peeves is parents who let their kids run the house and do whatever they want. I’m not the perfect parent and I pick and chose what I let go, but there is a line when it comes to other peoples houses and being destructive and rude.
Braeden and about twelve others (adults included) did watch the movie and had a nice time, but I have the feeling from now on movie night will consist of Ed, Braeden, and me.
The pics all turned out fuzzy, my high ceilings do that even when its light out, so in the dark it was worse.
fuzzy….but you get the picture
The flash is making it look light on the screen but it looked perfect. Look there is the cozy coupe. It looks like the 1 year old is in it now, I can accept that esp when the movie started at 930pm….but when she was still doing it at 1am and screaming because she was soooo exhausted, I didn’t quite understand why she wasn’t at home in bed (she lives across the street) Thank goodness my 1 year olds were in bed sleeping by the time the movies began and didn’t wake up until their normal middle of the night wake up times.
Okay….so my movie night post turned into an outlaw rant.
Oh yeah, and what was all over Liam’s face? Well some of the movie candy fell between the cushions of the couch Liam found it a few days later. I even swept the floor twice because I was worried about them finding popcorn and choking on it. Liam takes after mommy……he was enjoying his
LICORICE!!!

2 comments:
mmmmm...candy! And ouch on the popcorn kernel!! That was licorice?? I had no idea that would be so messy!! I bet he enjoyed it thought! ;-) see you tomorrow!
Don't you hate when you plan something and are excited about it and looking forward to it and it doesn't go as planned? It sounded like fun! What a great (spouse and children only) idea!
Oh and thanks for the comment! I love me some Jon and Kate, I actually met them once at one of their speaking engagements and ended up acting/sounding like a dope when we talked...I was really starstruck!!!
Post a Comment