This morning I took Braeden to t-ball and when I returned home I noticed a few cars more than normal and I knew immediately what it meant. I went inside and checked the answering machine and the message was there. Aunt Helen is on her way to heaven where she can be with her husband, brother, and son. She lived a long life of 90 years and was in pain and is at peace now with her loved ones and the biggest garden of all.
Here is one of her favorite hymns:
On Eagle’s Wings
You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in his shadow for life,
Say to the Lord: "My refuge,
My rock in whom I trust!"
The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear;
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield.
You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day;
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
For to his angels he's given a command
To guard you in all of your ways;
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
And he will lift you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of his hand.

9 comments:
So sorry to hear about your Aunt. My prayers are with you and your family.
Brooke - I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Helen. You will all by in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there's anything you need help with. We'll be around all weekend.
PS...I Love that song, too. I cry almost every time I hear it in church!
I am so sorry about your Aunt Helen. Please take care.
I love the song. I am crying a little now, it has been played at every loved one's funeral and is just the most beautiful song.
love and prayers to you and your family,
Lisa
Yeah, I will be a basket case when they play that song. I think it has been played at almost every funeral on my husbands side....oh boy, bring on the kleenex now.
The funeral is going to be Wednesday. The only day my mom can't watch them. I guess I have been getting my practice at wrangling two from out days out, lol! Thank goodness we have lots of family that can help at the funeral.
Thinking of you guys. Thoughts and many prayers your way (hugs)
Sorry to hear about your Aunt.
Oh honey, I'm so sorry that she passed. I'll be thinking of you all on Wednesday. What a beautiful song.
I'm so sorry about your Aunt. How special that you got to spend that time with her in her final days though. You'll be in my prayers.
Post a Comment