? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 18, 2008

Five more weeks until……………….

 

Braeden officially is in school! Where is the summer going? We are halfway through summer and I fell like it just began. We didn't really do a summer vacation, its hard with the babies. We are going away for a long weekend to Traverse City a resort town which I LOVE. We are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge and Braeden is counting the days down. Anyway, just started thinking about summers when I was a kid.

Do you have a favorite summer vacation spot from your childhood?

As a kid we did so much camping, I remember getting to the campground and putting up the tent and running to the playground to find "friends" to play with. I don't remember ever staying in a hotel until I was 12 on a cross country drive to California for the 84 Olympics. My sister got sick at the Grand Canyon and we ended up in an emergency clinic. Because she had a fever and was vomiting we went to Vegas and stayed at a hotel. We were soo excited. It's funny because Braeden has only been camping once, once the babies get older maybe we will try again. I remember I thought camping with Braeden (he was 3 at the time) would be hard on him.....actually camping was the hardest on ME! I just don't cut it tent camping anymore. I want a potty of my own. In fact, in the middle of the night I didn't want to walk all the way to the community bathroom, so used Braeden's potty chair! The thought of showers and slimy floors grosses me out. I guess I am more the hotel type these days.

Where would you go for the perfect family vacation?

Before we had kids we travelled all over the country and overseas. I would love to pick somewhere really exciting like say on and African Safari or to some tropical island like Bora Bora....I really really want to go there. But I suppose now being more practical I would want to go to Smuggler's Notch in Vermont. I see advertisements for it in the parenting magazines and it looks great with family activities and tons of things to do. I also hear Wisconsin Dells is great for families too. I remember when we were in Jamaica you could stay at a resort where you get a nanny with your room....cool, but I would be a bit nervous about this, plus I want to do things with my kids on vacation. A night out by ourselves would be nice too....guess that's why you invite grandma and grandpa to go too! I used to have a "grown up" list with Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, Italy, France, the funny thing was we went everywhere on our "list" except Ireland....guess you have to save something for the 25 yr anniversary.

Anyway, I am going to start my family vacation list soon.

Feel free to give me ideas to add to my list or share your favorite vacation destinations.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

As a kid, my summer trips were often with Lisa's family, camping around Michigan. My parents were not campers and we didn't travel a ton either. Our biggest family trip was when I was in 8th grade. We drove all the way to CA and back to visit my brother for a month. On the way back, we stopped at a bunch of places including Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde and the 4 corners. Lots of memories!

We are working on a possible small vaca still this summer with Lisa and Kerry. Lisa's dad has a place on Houghton Lake and she invited us all up there for a weekend...hopefully we can work it out!

and I LOVE TC!! One of my favorite places to visit. We went at least once a year since shortly after we met, but haven't been there since I was pg with the twins. :-( I miss it up there!

Brooke said...

That sounds like our trip to CA....we did the 4 corners and I think every national park on the way there and back.

When you mention Houghton Lake it reminds me of Higgins lake, we used to camp there once a year and loved it.

Cynthia said...

I think summer is going by fast too! I can't believe school is starting back up in just over a month.

Have fun at Great Wolf, that would be so fun! We had a great time at Splash Village in Frankenmuth, I bet we would have a blast at GW!!

The Hayes Family said...

I don't know, I kinda like the idea of going to Bora Bora myself! Actually, growing up we always went to the beach, so that is my ideal vacation. I love the ocean, sand and warm breezes. Give me a beach and I'm happy! I think it's hilarious you used the the potty chair!!!

Brooke said...

I justified that it was cleaner than the campground bathroom....and a whole lot closer, lol!

Nicole Feliciano said...

First, thanks for entering the Trevi Twin contest I'm running and good luck!

Second, vacations...We've been to Nantucket the past two summers and it is an excellent family getaway--pricey to be sure, but if you cook it and rent a house it's bearable. The beaches have "no scene" it's just sweet kids and nice families.

I also love Park City Utah. We took the girls skiing at Solitude this year and think it is beyond family friendly.

Manager Mom said...

I am actually ON my family vacation. But luckily (or unluckily?) they have high-speed wireless in the house I'm renting. And the kids STILL get up at 5:30 a.m.

Deanna said...

We grew up primitive camping and going to those gross bathrooms. Funny thing is I don't remember thinking of them as gross bathrooms. I just remember how much fun we had. One of my favorite trips there was an older couple next to us who tumbled rocks and turned it into jewelry. I think we spent our entire vacation with them watching them and "helping". I think I still have that little necklace at my parent's house.