? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

If you could spare a thought or prayer for JJ

jj

My cousin has twin daughters who are almost 3 years old.  From the beginning they have had some heath issues.  They were born at 27 weeks due to TTTS.  JJ (using initials because my cousin and his wife are rather private people and I am not sure they would be comfortable with this information being out there for the world to see…I didn’t want to post a pic, so I did a coloring book picture from a real one)  She is such a sweet, smart, beautiful girl.

Anyway, she has been in and out of the hospital numerous times.  I’m not even sure how to explain the main problem, but what I understand is that the artery from the liver is blocked and the blood doesn't have anywhere to go so it popping little holes in the rest of the arteries.

They took her to Children’s Memorial in Chicago a few months ago for a liver biopsy and a few other tests. They met with the surgeon who first did this surgery in North American which is called the “Rex shunt surgery” which sounds like it could be pretty serious.  What it does is bypasses the thrombosis in the portal vein and directs the blood flow back into the liver.

They needed to make sure she was a good candidate for this surgery and went to Ann Arbor to get some other tests done.  While they were there,  it was discovered that JJ has a double aorta.  In order to do the shunt surgery they need to do the heart surgery.  She will have the surgery this Friday, July 11th.  If you could keep her in your prayers I would appreciate it and I know my cousin would too. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I meant to ask you about how she was doing after seeing pics from the party last week. Wow...can't imagine having to go through all that with such a lil one. I will certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers...keep me posted.

Cheryl Lage said...

Add me to the numbers that will be praying for JJ on Friday...as well as for peace of mind and reassurance for her family. :)
(and you too....)

Joanna said...

I will keep her in my prayers, what a rough thing to go through. For her and her parents. I can't imagine.