We started out the day by getting Liam and Brenna out of the house during the move, but when Ed went to visit she was in a lot of pain. They were waiting until the nurse called her in some medication to see if she was better. If everything is better today, we will be moving her this afternoon.
Anyway, my mother and I took the babies to the outlet mall to do some shopping. We went to Culver’s for lunch and then hit a few stores and made a few purchases, they were happy we hit Pepperidge Farm to stock up on goldfish, we have been out for a while. They sat pretty well, probably because we took the tandem stroller which is one we have only used a handful of times.
Everyone had fun at the family party and then at dusk headed up to watch the fireworks. We thought about taking the babies, but it was just way past their bedtime and I would hate have them be scared and be stuck up there. Here are a few….okay a few more than a few pics to share.
My sister Amber and nephew Lochlan
This is my bil Bill and nephews (twins) Blake and Blair. These are Ric’s sons for those of you thinking, huh…wrong kids/dad.
Brenna trying out the sprinkler
Liam running away when he got hit in the face by water.
![]()
Liam running away after it went right in his face
Nieces and nephews playing together, we did make the slide into a waterslide.
Chris and Brenden (nephews)
Liam’s chalkbutt after playing (or should I say eating) the sidewalk chalk.
And on to Braeden……….
He has the hugest crush on my nephew's girlfriend who is 18 years old. She is very sweet and plays with him so nicely. It's funny because my nephew Andrew was born when I was 17 and he used to have the biggest crush on me when he was the same age, so here he is all grown up and my little boy wants his girlfriend.
Anyway, everyone is over for our party yesterday and Braeden will not leave Kourtney's side. She is so good about it though. She and Andrew just play with him.....totally giving him all the attention he loves.
Anyway, he convinced her to play a game with him up in his bedroom. I go up to peek and check on him and her has the blankets spread out on the floor like they are having a picnic and look what game he wanted her to play with him, the game of LIFE! OMG!!! (please ignore the messy room....his cousins destroyed it earlier!)
Braeden and Kourtney…..um yes he had to get his orange sweatshirt on when he saw hers!
This is when they went for a walk and he picked her flowers.
I am so proud of Andrew so I will share a few pics of him too. He has been such a great kid. He was the one helping with Aunt Helen last weekend and all she could do was talk about how good he treated her. He even gave her an enema (sp?), yes I know way TMI, but this just goes to show the character of this 18 year old boy. He is off to college in the fall, but has agreed to help with Aunt Helen as much as he can. What a sweetheart!
Because the babies were sleeping, I went out onto the deck and was able to watch the same fireworks that Braeden and Ed were watching…but from afar. It was really peaceful though. We are out in the country and I was able to see a field full of fireflies and the moon as I watched several different firework displays in many different directions. Not quite the same as being right under the “BOOM”, but something different.

5 comments:
WOW, what a fabulous day. How fun. Love the kids outfits and were they little pigtails I spied on Brenna?
I hope everything goes well with Aunt Helen's move today. That is really sweet that Andrew is helping out so much with her. He's wonderful, not many 18 year olds would do what he's doing that's for sure.
That is so sweet that Braeden has such a big crush on his cousin's gal. Cute! And so sweet of her and Andrew to be so good with him (and Aunt Helen!) I'm glad he can help you out this summer.
It sounds like a fun day! I had a cousin that was going to marry me when he was little (we are like 20 years apart in age). It is always sweet when the little guys have a crush!
It does look like yours had the same experience with the sprinkler mine did - one loved it, one hated it!
Good Luck with your move today, its great that you will have Andrew's help.
You are so lucky to have such a close family! Those pics of Brenna waving her flag should be in an advertisement somewhere, she is just gorgeous!!
Looks like you all had a great time on the 4th! You have some great photo memories! I love the ones of the kids waving their flags and how cute that Braeden has a crush!!! :)
Post a Comment